Here, In Assembling a Computer System is to build well functioning computer with purpose of identifying the components and units.
BACKGROUND OF ASSEMLING A COMPUTER SYSTEM
For the course of this training, the entrepreneur should be able to understand and be familiarized with computer System assembling.
To Assemble a Computer System is to bring together the physically/mechanically and Electrically, the different units/modules/components/parts as to finally have a functioning And usable system.
However, you need to have a lot of patience, a little common sense And most importantly, confidence in order to perform the exercise effectively.
Assembling a Computer System successfully is not only rewarding but enables you to Know exactly what, where, and how to upgrade your system in future when the need Arises.
This practical training is targeted to meeting the objective as stated above.
In Assembling a Computer System here the apparatus needed for a complete set of computer.
- Computer System Casing
- Mother Board
- Memory Chip
- Hard Drive
- CD Rom Drive
- Floppy Drive
- Cards (VGA, Network, Sound, etc.)
- Power supply unit
- Solid state drive
- CPU fan
- Cooler(some CPUs have one )
- Graphics processing unit
- Optical drive
TOOLS USED IN ASSEMLING A COMPUTER SYSTEM
- Screw drive
- Nut drivers
- Cable ties
- Heat sink compound
- Air blower or canned air duster
- long nosed pliers
- Mechanical pliers
STEPS FOR ASSEMBLING A COMPUTER SYSTEM
- Remove the screws that hold the cover of the casing and open the casing.
- Ground yourself.
- Touch the metallic casing each time you will be installing an electrical device to Avoid damage as a result of static electricity.
- Install the mother board by positioning and screwing it to the appropriate base on the Casing chassis.
- Install the CPU on the mother board.
- Identify the DIM bank (memory slot) and install your memory Chip (RAM)On them following the right order.
- Install the cards (video, Network, sound, etc.) if there is need for any.
- Install the hard drive, the floppy and the CD Rom drive.
- Install the FAN.
- Install the power supply.
- Install the heat sick.
- Connect the keyboard , mouse, and monitor.
- Complete all other wiring on the system including the panel.
- Turn the computer ON.
- Install the operating system (OS).
- Update drivers.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Setup a network and internet connections.
In Assembling a Computer System is to build well functioning computer with purpose of identifying the components and understanding the internal and external workings of a computer.