Here are the simple techniques which can be used to troubleshoot any type of electric fan.
Electric fan is an electromagnetic device which uses both electrical and magnetism principle before it can perform it required work which is to help cool our home and some machines that needs cooling to work more effectively.
TOOLS USED FOR TROUBLESHOOT ELECTRIC FAN
How to detect faults on ceiling fan and solve them
Note: ceiling fan can develop may fault such as humming, fail to rotate, seize and rotate after some time.etc.
- If your ceiling fan is humming when rotating it may be as a result of dryness of grease on the bearing or that the bearing is not in good sharp. Then you apply new grease or you change the bearing with the exact specification.
- It can also be as a result of worn out on the rod which can cause may damages on the fan pole, thereby making the fan to rotate as if its dancing. Then check the fan pole and changed.
FAN FAILED TO ROTATE
- It can be as a result of burnt coil. Then you will test the current that enters into the fan engine to confirm that there is electricity on the fan.
- Then you can still check the capacitor.
- Unscrew the fan and carry out a thoroughly testing with your muiltimeter .(ensure that you test all the coil output and the one in the laminated sheet. note: you are to set your probe on continuity test on the muiltimeter before testing to detect mine the continuity of the coil. If the continuity is not in good condition, then its means that the coil has burnt, then you recoil.)
ROTATE AFTER SOME TIME
- If your fan find it difficult to rotate after turning ON, it may be as a result of damage capacitor which you can change accordingly.
USES OF THE TOOLS IN TROUBLESHOOT ELECTRIC FAN
Tester are the set of specialized sets of instruments used to verify the operation of fault indicators or the flow of current in a circuit.
Muiltimeter is one of the major electrical and electronics testing device which can be used to measure the values or test the continuity of a circuit, voltage, current, capacitor, diode, resistors, transistors etc.
Capacitor is the engine room that helps to trigger the fan and generally, its use for electric charge.
In every electrical appliances, when carrying out the troubleshooting, always clean the dust which can cause damages on the appliances.