Here is Paint and Painting Techniques is the combination of powder, solid chemicals and liquids to form a light or Thick liquid.
TYPES OF PAINT
- Emulsion paint
- SATIN PAINT
- METALLIC PAINT
- EPOXY PAINT
- BITUMINOUS PAINT
- CHALKBOARD PAINT
- SEMI GLOSS PAINT
- HIGH GLOSS PAINT
- ALUMINIUM PAINT
- OIL PAINT
- ACRYLIC PAINT
- TEXCOAT PAINT
- DISPERSION PAINT
- ENAMEL PAINT
- GOUACHE PAINT
- CELLULOSE PAINT.
TOOLS USED FOR PAINT AND PAINTING TECHNIQUES
- PAINT ROLLER
- ADHESIVE TAPE
- PAINT BUCKET
- GRAHITE PENCIL
- DROP CLOTH
- SCRAP KNIFE
- HAND GROVE
- EXTENSION POLE
- STEP LADDER
- WET AND DRY VACCUM.
PREPARATION OF THE SURFACE TO BE PAINTED IN PAINT AND PAINTING TECHNIQUES
The process of painting a structure or the surface of a wall is as follows:
- The surface of the wall must be free from bomb and hoes on the wall surface using Painting scraper to scrap the wall surface and removed any external body from the Wall surface.
- Mixed portly filter or white cement with top bound and paint use it to fill And cover all the holes of the surface to be painted.
- Sand paper and dust or sweep the wall to be free from dust and be clean for painting to commence.
STEARING OF PAINT BEFORE USING
- Ready for use: this is the kind of paints that needed no water to be added Because is already lighter in liquid mixture eg. sunpac, dulux etc. all that is needed is for the painter to Steer the liquid very well and use two different containers to turn it over and over Thrice or more then the paint is ready to be apply to the wall or surface that is Prepared to be painted.
- Pre ready for use: this is the kind of thick liquid that needed to be mixed With some liters of clean water to make it lighter liquid that can be apply on the wall, the thickness of the paint after which is turned over and over for proper mixing before using it on the surface of the wall by applying it on the wall or surface to be painted as it will become lighter like that of ready for use.eg. arnake paint.
MIXING OF PAINT PROPERLY FOR APPLICATION
This is the process whereby paint of the same color but of different batch frown Different or the same company products are to be use; the two paints will be open and will be reduce into a third container from both of the containers containing the paint liquid and be mixed together according to the above method to avoid the painted surface having one color of paint with slight difference.
BRUSH AND ROLLER APPLICATION PRINCIPLES IN PAINT AND PAINTING TECHNIQUES
Rollers and brush are tools that are used for application of paint on the surface of Wall which finishing and dressing is mostly done by brush. Although there are Different types of painting tools base on the functions they are to perform.
APPLICATION OF EMULSION PAINT
The painting of emulsion is done by coating the wall twice, the first coat is called Priming and the second one is called finishing, the principle is that the painter will First of all scrap the entire wall clean and fill all the holes with portly filler before Painting, while for External wall is to be painted three times, if it a new wall that Have never being painted the reason is that it will be able to withstand weather Condition and maintains the paint texture for a long period of time.
APPLICATION OF TEXCOAT PAINT
The application of texcoat is quite different from emulsion and it roller is also different from that of emulsion it has open space all-round the roller because texcoat as a paint contains marble stone dust. The wall will be clean as usual and every holes will be portly filled, the texcoat paint will be mixed using the mixing Principle above. Then it will be roll on thick on the wall because the rolling is done once and not twice both for internal and external wall, but it have light application and thick application patterns.
APLICATION OF GLOSS PAINT
The gloss paint popularly known as oil paint is completely different from emulsion and texcoat in mixing and application, gloss is mixed and steer with the use of a Chemical called cellulose thinner but D.P.K and P.M.S can also be used as Substitute where thinner is not available in the application, it uses a tool called Finger roller or the normal emulsion roller but in a smaller and smoother shape or Finger brush depending on the kind of work to be done or the surface area to be Painted. Before painting begins the mixing is done by using the ratio of (0.5) zero Point five of zero of thinner to mixed up four (4 liters) of gloss (oil paint) for good Quality paints, but if it is substandard gloss paints the mixing have to be (0.50 to 0.750 liters) zero point five or zero point seven five zero liters of thinner to make The paint lighter suitable for using roller or finger brush for the work. But when using spraying machine the mixing is one liter (liter) to four (4 liters) liters of paints which is (1:4) one ratio four, note: the application of gloss is understand practically rather than theory.
APPLICATION OF SATIN PAINT
Satin is one of the paint that resist water from penetrating and socking into the wall, it is mostly suitable for smoother surface such as screened walls for either or external painting work base on the function is to perform, satin is to apply twice to the surface of wall to be painted by allowing the first coat to dry properly before applying the second coat.
The mixing and production is (2:1) two ratio one that is two liters of paint to one liters of clean water which if it is below this ratio it will reduced the quality of work to done and above it will destroy the Work quality as it stand the chance of pilling from the wall easily, it rolling application principles is drying methods.
Paint and Painting Techniques is the artwork or an illustration done with the use of paints in other to ensure that our homes, offices, creational centers are neat and also it helps to elongate the life span of our buildings.