Construction of palms
palms are the foot wears with different style and color which are mainly used by men and majorly fit a pattern of cloth called senators.
Objectives for palms making
- Its helps to complete our out fit.
- Its add values to some cultural attire.
- Its easy to wear.
- To enable our youth to have a reasonable skill that will add value to the community.
Materials for Palms Making (foot wears)
- Palm lax
- Gum can
- Gum brush
- Skin lather
- Pencil mallet
- Sandals accessories.
Steps in Palms Making (foot wears)
- Use carton or fiber to cut the size of palm of the persons leg whit the palm lax such as size 40 and 45.
- Use the already cut out carton and draw the shape of the persons leg on the Nora material and cut it out.
- Sandpaper the cut out Nora.
- Using the same carton and sharp to cut out the Maco.
- Repeat steps 2,3 and 4 to cut the other leg of the palms.
- Apply gum on the Nora and Maco.
- Place the Nora on the Maco and then mallet both of them together.
- Using the skin lather or any material, cut out the top of your palms with any style or design of your choice and the cut out the landing and apply gum on both of them.
- Sew them together if the need arises.
- Size up the top with your palm lax, marked with your pencil or biro on your Nora.
- Punch hole with your puncher and hammer and then put your skin lather and pass it to the other side of Nora and then apply gum on it and also gum the Nora.
- Apply gum on both already gum Nora and allow it to dry and then gum them together.
- Using filing machine, file your palm to make your work or product neat.
palms making is one the easier thing to produce, design or make but hard to do because of the tools and material involved.
However, the steps above will help your achieve your dream in palms or sandal making.