Fleet Manager, are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities.
Career Area: Marketing / Sales / Product Support Job Description: Your Work Shapes the World at Caterpillar Inc. When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it. Your Impact Shapes the World at Caterpillar When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
JOB DUTIES of Fleet Manager
This position owns the on-going relationship with the customer under the contract, accountable for the day-to-day performance and product health as well as executing the overall contract deliverables. This will include periodic report outs to executive level positions at the customer and dealer. In addition, the position may be required to actively coordinate or lead other personnel assigned to support an agreement, including other Caterpillar, multiple dealers, or customer personnel in managing the risk of the contract. These positions could include fleet advisors, providing technical interpretation of data as well as other positions required to service the contract needs.
Other job duties of Fleet Manager include:
- Single point of contact for customer operational support under the contract
- Deliver all contract obligations of agreement customer service and performance contract in collaboration with Caterpillar dealer network and customer, including uptime and efficiency targets, technical and commercial objectives.
- Leads ongoing Customer master overhaul plan and fuel efficiency program with multi dealers and customers.
- Provides technical and commercial direction, interpretation and consultation with Caterpillar dealers maintaining customer equipment to maximize uptime and minimize cost.
- Coordinates parts and service support as needed with dealer network
- Manages risk associated with proactive or reactive repairs, customer induced issues with equipment or running efficiency.
- Coordinates and leads engagement of subject matter experts for rapid problem solving and technical resolution.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the dealers delivering under the contract, utilizing leadership tables and stakeholders where needed.
- Ensure customer personnel capability via training and certification where needed
- Ensure compliance relative to competition law / anti-trust regulations working with multi dealers.
- Accountable for financial health of the contract for Caterpillar, including costs, pricing and liabilities.
- Manages any commercial issues or situations with customer and dealer.
- Leads periodic customer performance reviews and status updates including but not limited to delivery of contractual obligations, ongoing initiatives, value received and overall state of contract.
- This position requires travel – 0<25%
- Employee may also be responsible for performing other job duties occasionally as assigned BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE: Required Qualifications
- 5+ years related field experience with Caterpillar engines and understanding of operations and servicing.
- Previous experience with advanced technical management, project management experience involving customer care.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, high sense of urgency and ability to influence for results is essential.
- Strong accountability, proactive planner and organizer.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success.
- Able to communicate with various levels of management at customer and dealer level.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Desired Qualifications
- Deep understanding/experience of the marine industry
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams.
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
- Knowledge of Caterpillar digital technologies
- Knowledge of Caterpillar dealership network Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status. Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Caterpillar is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Fleet Manager : The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined. Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting. Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
For more information, visit https://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers/why-caterpillar.html Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.